CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 13, 2008

WOW!!! Where did the time go?

Okay, I realized that it had been a while since I posted, but I didn't realize it had been this long. I won't bore you with every detail of my craziness. I'll just give you some of our favorite highlights.

Of course, it's football season for our boys. We have practices four nights a week and two games every saturday, so you can imagine we are loving every minute. Trajan and Keenan are both doing awesome this season. Trajan has lots of sacks and tackles and Keenan's slid in a few touchdowns and tackles himself. It is so much fun to watch your own kids playing on the field.


Trajan getting ready for the play.


Trajan on the field #96


Keenan and Logan before the game


Keenan on the field as captain :)

Logan, Kira and Celine are not doing any sports right now...we decided they will do spring sports when football isn't so crazy and busy. Trajan will be in high school next year so it will free up some practice time for others.....that's the life of five kids :) So for the meantime, we have a great cheer squad on the boy's sidelines!

Work has been going well and slowly but surely I'm adjusting to getting up at 5:30 every day, getting ready by 6:15, and then heading down to put on a load of laundry. I make the kids lunches, load the dishwasher (somehow I'm always too tired to do it the night before), and get the little kids clothes ready. I put the laundry in the dryer, plop in one more load and quick grab a bite to eat. I wake up the kids , my mom arrives, and I'm out the door. I know that sounds a little busy, but when I'm home by 3:00 pm every day (before my elementary kids get out of school) it's all worth the early morning rush. The down side is that by the time I do all our family evening activities, grade papers, make dinner etc......I can rarely blog. For some reason I have a bit of energy tonight, so although boring, here it is. I've got to keep track of it myself before a year goes by and I haven't written.

Anyway, as a highlight, I got to take a trip up to my hometown to see my best friend, her family, and her parents. I grew up with the Davis crew and have very few memories that they weren't somehow tied into. Perry made some BEAUTIFUL furniture for my bedroom.....a headboard, dresser, and nightstands (check out the picture). Carol spoiled us with so much food I felt like every meal was thanksgiving, and I got to see Laurie's beautiful baby boy. As previously noted, this is the wonderwoman who gave birth to a 10 pound 10 ounces bundle of baby :) We were only able to go up for a couple of days because of football and work, but it was an awesome trip. I remember thinking on my way home how much I missed my small town life. It brought back so many memories for me that it was a bit of a melancholy trip home. I was driving and the kids and Way were sleeping, so it let me have some time to feel sorry for myself. Life is so strange when you look back on where you grew up compared to where you are now. I feel blessed to have friends that have known me so long that they know everything about me and I them. I love being able to just be myself and laugh at long time jokes with eachother. You know, like the fact that Steve, Laurie and I were in 4H and used to tan sheep hides.... And that I grew up drinking the Davis' goat milk.... And that we dressed up as clowns to go sing and dance at old folks homes....(someday I will dare to show these awful pictures)....and every New year's Eve we would jump off the hearth of the fireplace to leap into the new year and Perry would go outside to shoot his rifle in the air. My parents and the Davis parents would play cards for hours on end and the 8 of us (3 of us and 5 of them) would play for hours. We ran around crazy....I don't know how our parents handled it. Those friendships are few and far between and I miss much of those simple times. I loved our children being able to play together and wished I lived closer....thanks goodness we will have the eternities.


Me and Laurie :0) At least I got a picture of us
together this time....


My gorgeous dresser....and might
I add it is engraven handmade
by Perry Davis :) a little bit of
hometown to have with me
always.


The new nightstands


Our headboard...we've never had one :)


The kids playing out back.


Lovin' the fence pose.


Trajan trying to figure out what to do amongst
all of the little folk. Pool was high on his
priority.


The famous eating spot for the troops.


Celine and Gabe


Our Moms....Carol and Evelyn


Our Dads.....Sonny and Laddy


Dan (Laurie's hubby), Dan (Laurie's brother)
Laurie, and baby Pete.


Kira with Nate....she loved playing with him.


This is where we ate, and ate, and ate. Lots of
memories at this table let me tell ya :)

So anyways, other than football and our trip, we are same-o, same-o which is actually quite nice. I'm enjoying the everyday things and trying to make the most of my time with my children. I had a bit of a setback about a week ago when I realized that my "baby" Trajan will be out of our home and off for college in 4 1/2 years and that I have raised him already for 3/4 of his life. Where did the time go? I spent about a week really sad as I saw every little piece of my children just growing so quickly before my eyes. A friend of mine wrote a post about her two little girls as she walked them to school and remembering each of their little hands and how they had grown. That was exactly how I had been feeling....Man, I miss my little babies, but I am so proud of how they are growing up and love being their mother. I am very blessed and grateful that Heavenly Father entrusted Way and I with five children to raise in this world. I'm also very thankful for the knowledge I have of the plan of salvation and that our families will be together forever. That's so awesome words cannot even express. Okay, enough of my sentimental journey.

Now to conference.....We were travelling during the morning session on Sunday so I've had to play catch up, but I have to say Conference sundays are my favorite weekends of the year. I hang on every word that the prophet, apostles, and leaders speak to us and always feel rejuvenated to do more and to do it better afterwards. Times are troubling and we need to stand firm and strong against the world. Conference always bolsters me up for that. Our children are faced with so much out there and it's comforting to know that Heavenly Father is guarding each of them and guiding them in their footsteps. My heart is truly full with gratitude for my blessings......

Okay, I'm starting to blab on because it's 11:00 pm and I will probably start not making sense. As it is, I'm jumping all over the place. I will try to do better. I always check on all of my friends out there.....thanks for being better bloggers than I so I can still feel in touch :)

10 comments:

Kristin said...

Becky, I miss you. You made me cry with all the memories. I guess I'm a little homesick now as well. The funiture is beautiful, so happy you like it. Great to see a picutre of your Dad, I haven't seen him in ages.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

It's always so great to catch up with you! I don't know how you do it, the whole early morning thing. uggghhh. I'm lucky to drag my butt out of bed to make breakfast for the kids before school! You go girl! kelli

Leslie said...

It was great to read another post from you! I've missed you! I am so glad you got to go on that trip and get that great furniture! That is gorgeous! It is SAD to have our kids grow up huh? I am feeling it so much too... but you're right at least we know we will be together forever! :)

Laurie said...

Thanks for taking all the great pictures! Doesn't everyone agree that our dads look like Fred Flintstone and Barney Rubble?

Love you and miss you already. Also love that you type out "same-o, same-o" because it is such an expression of yours! Move to Reno!

Scarlet said...

Cute family and I love it that I know Val's family too because I feel like I"m getting an update on them too!

Tonya said...

Hey I don't know what you are complaining about. I get up at 5 am also. Okay, so I go back to bed when seth leaves for seminary but reading your blog I realize how much I could actually get done if I were to actually be productive all those hours. You are such an inspiration to me. I love seeing and talking to you. You always make me happy. THanks
Football is almost over and I can't believe it, I'm sad. I have actually started understanding football, yeah. My boys are thrilled.

Valerie said...

Oh, Becky, it was so great to hear from you. I'm so glad that everything is going well with you guys and that you were able to have such a fun trip up north. I'm jealous, I wish I could've been with you :) The furniture turned out great. It was awesome to see pictures because my dad had been telling me about it. I loved seeing pictures of your parents too. They look great. And I do agree with Laurie...our dads do resemble Fred and Barney :) And I loved all those memories too. Even though I was the youngest out of the bunch, I still remember all of that too. Glad work is going well and football too. Your kids are so cute, you and Way are such great parents. Way to go, Becky :)

Matt and Grace said...

Your mornings sound really busy, but I bet you find you're really efficient when working under pressure. I know I work better under deadlines and stuff. Your kids are beautiful!

Kristin said...

Please post again soon, I miss you and hope all is well.

Kristin said...

Bec, post some snow pics for me. I know you loved it and were living up in the hite stuff.