CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 21, 2008

Spring Break

Well, we had a pretty uneventful spring break, but it was very relaxing. We went bowling on Monday, visited a friend Tuesday, went to the Shark Reef on Wednesday, hung at at home all day on Thursday, and did yard work for my dad on Friday. Like I said....nothing too exciting. :) We cleaned the front and back yards and planted some new pots of flowers. If you don't know already, I love gardening and growing flowers and plants. If I had enough money, I'd have the ultimate backyard for sure. My kids on the other hand don't enjoy having to help me clean up and get rid of weeds. I like President Hinckley's thoughts that growing a garden with your family helps teach them much about life....my kids disagree I think. I told Kira that it helps us watch life grow from a seed on and that just like our garden we have to weed out those things that are not good in our lives. She can't quite get over that fact that it's still manual labor, in the hot sun, with dirt and bugs. Not her favorite. Anyway, it's hard to believe this week has gone so fast....I love having my kids home more than anything. We will be counting the days until summer break!

No comments: