CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Awesome Talk!

I love this picture of the new first presidency. I am so excited to listen to them in a little over a week. :) Conference weekends have become some of my favorite times of the year. They give me the boost I need and I love the spirit it brings into my home.

So today I needed to go to the YW general broadcast with my miamaids. It started nice, with dinner at the bishop's home and then everyone went together to the stake center. A choir of YW sang from Cache Valley and the YW leaders all spoke, which was very nice. But then President Eyring got up and gave a very emtional and touching talk. All of you need to see if it will be posted on the church's website...I'm sure it will. It was just so awe inspiring to listen to him speak words from his heart. I want to have my YW reread it, but I really want to stress it to my children. I have spent about 80% of my married life in the Young Women's program and I have a true testimony it is inspired of God. Once again tonight, the spirit was so strong. He spoke so clearly about how each of us were valiant enough to choose to come to earth and follow Heavenly Father's plan. We were also valiant enough to be held back until this particular time on earth....presented and baptized into the gospel. And, more valiant to be sitting and watching the broadcast that night. He also said that because of our strong and unwavering testimonies, our trials may be severe. But we are never alone. Stay steadfast and immovable in the ways of the Lord and all will be well. I can't remember everything, but I do remember he said there are angels to help us and the holy ghost to guide....what a awesome blessing I have been given to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I am so grateful for the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ and that I can rely on Heavenly Father to mold me into the person I need to be.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

80% of your life in YW, you rock. Matt has been in primary 97% of our married life. You have inspired me to look up this talk, good reading for today.

Valerie said...

I really enjoyed that post, Beck. I'm excited to look up that talk. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and feelings about this wonderful church that we belong to. Thanks also for the well wishes. I'm feeling better every day, but still pretty tired from the whole thing. Thanks again!

Laurie said...

Ahh, you are impressive, getting all spiritual before Sunday. I'll have to look up that talk soon. Thanks for such positive and happy thoughts.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Thanks, I needed that extra lift tonight! The young women are really lucky to have you! kelli

Leslie said...

That was a great talk huh Becky? I loved it too! You are a great YW leader, I know the girls love having you! Thanks for the talk after the broadcast btw! :)