CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Catch Up!

Okay, so it's been a while...sorry, been working lots. I figure I'll just highlight the last little bit so I can pick up from today. Might be boring to you, but I want to make sure I don't forget all these things...here we go!

*Mother's Day: I was spoiled by my hubby and kids with breakfast in bed. My cards were all very beautiful and presents so sweet. Wayland sent me on Sat. to get my nails done. Kira made me a bracelet at school which I proudly wore to church, along with chore coupons..yippee!. Logan made me a treasure box out of real wood painted the most beautiful shades of blue with giant "diamonds" on the top. Keenan and Celine worked extra hard on their cards and pictures for me. And Trajan brought me a dolphin snow globe from Sea World. He had gone on his band trip the day before mother's day and we gave him some money for a souvenir. Instead of getting himself anything, he got me the beautiful snowglobe and his brothers and sisters some trinket gifts. So sweet. We then had a giant dinner (around 50-60 people) at our home. Wayland's uncle had met a samoan family in town and turns out we were related on Wayland's mom's side. So we set up the big dinner so everyone could get to know eachother. Turns out that one of the girls was the receptionist who worked at Wayland's doctor and she had made the arrangements for Way to have his achilles tendon surgery in two days( unheard of). Small, small world. Anyway, the day was really quite fun. Any time I can reflect upon how blessed I am to be a mother is a perfect day for me.

*Keenan and Logan both won their division for football, so we are running a little crazy with the city tournament this week. Logan won his game last night 28-6. Keenan plays tonight. And if everyone wins sat. morning, we play the championship game on sat.

*The temperature has been very warm...106...so swimming has come in full force. We are proud of Celine as this is the first year she will actually go in the pool without someone holding her!

*Trajan had his band concert last night...forgot the camera. He plays the saxophone and had decided that he wouldn't do band his 8th grade year because he wanted to do student aid. He's taking three AP classes that will count for high school credit, so he thought he'd take an easy one. After last night, he decided to go one more year of band since he definitely won't be doing it in high school. Kira will be taking orchestra next year and learning the violin...very exciting.

*Middle school basketball is also over for Trajan. Their team did pretty good...I think 4 losses. He's glad for the break before football starts up again in July. He still hasn't quit growing.
*I finished "The Host" by Stephenie Meyer....very good. A definite read :) She has a talent for writing that really captures my attention. I'm currently reading the Fablehaven series my kids are hooked on...they are really good too. I'm already on book two....another definite read for easy
entertainment.
* I have finally gotten my year's supply of rice. If you know my family at all, you would know that we would need rice even more than wheat And it can't be any old rice. It has t to be short grain calrose rice. Costco has been out of it and limiting it to one bag per customer. I hit a day with no limit and a new shipment (rare) so I loaded up. The entire shipment was gone in about 10 minutes. It was crazy! Unfortunately for my girls, it is being stored under their beds. Not to worry....dust ruffles will be forthcoming to hide my creativity. lol :)


*My garden is growing...Woo Hoo!!! Already harvesting yummy tomatoes. Just waiting for the squash and zuchinni. They are so good fresh. The apple tree is overloaded with apples as well as the pomegrante. I planted a fig tree outside which also has a ton of fruit, but I don't like figs. If anyone wants them when they're ripe...let me know. My next venture is to plant an apricot and peach tree. I love trees that will look beautiful and feed my family.
*Did I ever mention I havd a lab? Her name is Fetu (samoan for from the stars). 75% of the time she is a bit hyper, shedding, and drives us nuts. 25% she is calm, cool and collected. But we love her the same and she is so awesome with my kids. This picture is one when she was playing in the water outside with Logan and Celine. Fetu has very sweet personality and wouldn't hurt a fly. She won't even chase the dumb pigeons away from her food. She plays a mean game of fetch though :)

*Aren't these two sweet? I love it because they are such good friends. In fact, that is one of my favorite things about having my kids so close together is that they are not just siblings, but truly friends (ya know...except when they're fighting...ha ha) I hope it will stay like that when they're older. I have also learned that boys wrestle. No matter what their age, they tackle, wrestle, and play fight with eachother all the time. I will be downstairs and can hear my upstairs family room floor caving in with the wrestle fest. Why do they think that's fun? Wayland loves to watch them....boys are weird.

*I have decided these nails I had done for mother's day (acrylics...pretty long) are very hard to type with...this is taking me forever!
*My sister-in-law got married on the 3rd...super fun! I forgot my camera again, so I'm waiting for the photographer's pictures. Celine was the flower girl and looked so pretty. Kira and the boys were also unoffcially part of the wedding line and had matching suits and dresses. They looked so cute. Val (my sister in law) was one big smile from dawn until dusk that day and it was so much fun to see all kinds of family from everywhere. It was like a mini reuinion.

*School's out in 9 1/2 days...the countdown has begun. I can't wait for my kids to be home so we can do some fun "summer stuff". I love when school's out because I like having my kids with me every day.

*I got a job next year teaching 6th grade science at Molsaky Jr. High. It's not the school my kids go to (they didn't have openings in science), but it is only one mile away. So that will work out great for picking them up after school. It is a school I taught at 8 years ago when it first opened so I still have many friends working ther. Should be exciting!
*Just thought I'd throw in an easter picture (would ya say the sun was in their eyes?)...That came and went quickly too and I didn't even mention it. It is one of my favorite holidays because it warrants me thinking about and sharing with my children the atonement of Jesus Christ. How truly grateful I am for the Savior and his sacrifice for me. I can have my family together eternally because of the plan of salvation. It's a huge blessing to know that.
Okay guys....that's it. Told you it might be a little boring, but now I feel caught up. I'm going to try to do better about keeping updated with my blog and yours! I've got to get used to working and still keeping organized...so here we go! Have a great day today!


10 comments:

Jamie and Mike said...

Loved reading about all the going ons...I've been waiting for an update on your blog and now I feel caught up! Cute pictures...you guys have been so busy. Can't believe school is almost finished!!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Wow, you are a busy woman! It's great to catch up, and I've learned two things for sure...first, you have the most beautiful kids (yes, boys, you are 'beautiful'), and secondly, I should be samoan. Why? Because it seems as though the 'somoan way' is all about family, friends and lots of great food! And for me, there is nothing better than that! I'm always looking for a good excuse to get together and eat!

Keep blogging. I check every day (at least once). Sad but true. kelli

Nau Willis said...

yeah becky! I love updates! So first and foremost thanks for the dinner invite on mothers day it was so nice!!! What track are the kids on? Or are you 9 month if you are you're so lucky!
The kids are just so beautiful! And I will be doing a blog just for you! I need help with this fetchin tree in front of my house. Oh BTW I dont like figs BUT any left over zuchinis I will gladly come over and take off your hands!!! great post!!!

Kristin said...

I've so missed you, looks like you had a busy couple of days. Congrats on the job, and only nine days left of school, and your excited, I am so dreading giving up my afternoon naps.

Valerie said...

Wow, Becky, looks like you have been busy. I loved seeing all the pics. of your sweet family. Your kids are so good looking, you must beam with pride. And the rice and garden and fruit trees success, you've inspired me to get with it in the food storage department. Congrats on the job, yippeee!!

The Gunnerson Family said...

Becky, hey I am so glad that you have a link through the RS! I always look at people's blog that are on the list and today was the first time I saw yours. It was fun to see what has been going on in sunny Las Vegas with your family. I just had to leave a comment because when Luke saw that I was looking at your blog he said, "I really miss her." I thought it was so cute and wanted to share it with you because obviously you've had a big impact on him. Glad to see all is well.

Olivia

Unknown said...

Becky!!!! How amazing is the internet?!! Steve Davis emailed and sent me a link to his blog, where I found your blog -- Your family is just beautiful and I am so happy for you!! Please send me your email - would love to catch up! Pauline (Holzhauer) Storum (pstorum@yahoo.com)

Laurie said...

Yeah Beck! I'm glad you updated, but I'm tired just from reading all you've been doing. Stand-outs--Fetu is cute, I've never seen her before. Trajan is soo grown up! Along with all the other kids. It's been way to long! Also, we love samoan dinners--do we count as family, cousin?

Hammond Family said...

WOW! You have been busy! It was fun reading about the Pili Family happenings! It makes me miss you guys and Vegas so much! Congrats on the job, those middle schoolers are going to be so lucky to have you for a teacher!! Good luck!

Lynt said...

Way to go on the food storage! I'm so proud of you! I'm trying, but you're kicking my butt! You're awesome!