CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Count My Blessings

Blessing Number One--A Job

As most of you know, I have had an up and down ride of trying to get a teaching job in the Clark County School District. It's been about four or five months of working all the people I know because I didn't want to be in a school far away. So as it turns out, Molasky Jr. High offered me a position, and then (accordingly to my luck) the school district put on a hiring freeze about three weeks ago. So I never got offered the job. I went to my mailbox today and low and behold, I received an offer of employment with a $5,000 raise. Is Heavenly Father so good to me or what? I always try to remind myself when things seem to be going wrong that if I really have faith, I shouldn't worry. So I was a bit stressed about the job, but I knew I'd figure something out. What a blessing that Heavenly Father was guiding it all along. I'm taking all the paperwork down tomorrow because I don't want to tempt fate. Who gets hired in the middle of a hiring freeze? Hopefully my principal felt inclined to pull strings or something because I have the offer in my hands. Very awesome in this economy to have my education....so all you Young Women out there listen to President Monson. Get your degrees and education--sometimes they are very important :)

Blessing Number Two--My Family

My friend, Jamie, sent me a blog of a sweet family here in Las Vegas who lost their child in an accidental drowning this past June. Her blog is so inspiring and her words eloquent. As I cried reading her words and seeing pictures of her precious angel, I hugged each of my children a little tighter this evening. I watched the words as they came out of my mouth so they didn't sound as harsh as they might at times. I really stopped and listened when they spoke to me. You should take some time to read the blog.....what an amazing woman this mother is. The blog is called http://www.adailyscoop.blogspot.com/ Jamie was right.....the words were life altering. My husband and children are my greatest blessings other than the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Blessing Number Three--Aveeno Anti-Itch Spray

So, I got a letter from my home owners about weeding on the side of our house and I must admit I've ignored it a bit. I watered my garden and plants this evening and then decided to weed while it was cool. Little did I know that I was weeding in a patch of ants. They were all over me and I have hundreds of bites it seems. I came in the house and the kids said "Mom, there are ants all over your shirt!" It was so gross. Thank goodness I live in a place where I have medicines to help myself and my children (especially Keenan who has a 103 fever this evening).

Blessing Number Four--Humor

I read something so funny today. It went something like this: As I get older, it's harder to lose weight because my body and my fat have become such good friends. Totally made me laugh :) I'm glad I can take most things pretty lightly and I'm grateful for good friends who send me funny emails to brighten my day.

Blessing Number Five--The Fix It Man

My Dad is awesome! Because of him I know how to put in a new garbage disposal, change out a toilet, paint shutters 15 feet in the air, and fix leaks under sinks. I learned how to clean my dryer vents with a leaf blower, check my own oil and change a tire, as well as how to patch walls and grout my sink. Anytime I need anything, he is right there....helping me fix it. And because I think I can do anything, I've started making him teach me how to do it instead of him doing it. Whatever will I do when he is gone? He is a wonderful blessing!

I could go on an on, but for today, these blessings are on my mind. I am so grateful for the life I have been given. I have so, so much.....truly awesome!!!

10 comments:

Laurie said...

So glad you've got the job!! Everything always manages to work out. Sorry about the ants--that is really gross.

I'm not going to read your link tonight, just because I know I'll cry and I'm not in the mood. Maybe tomorrow.

CAN'T WAIT til Wednesday!

Kristin said...

I'm so glad your job came through, and with a raise, awesome!! I'm so jealouse that you and your family will be home and I won't get to see you. Have fun and eat lots of good food for me.

I've read her blog already, and I had the same response, though I should go and read it again, the good effects for me are already starting to wear off.

Cheyenne Ridge Ward Young Women said...

I went to the funeral of the little girl, Camille, that passed away. Her dad is my sis-in-law's brother. They are so amazing. And every time I read her blog I just cry! Families are such a huge blessing! I'm so blessed to have Ava in my life. Congrats on the job!

Cheyenne Ridge Ward Young Women said...

This is Amy, by the way. I forgot that I was in the YW blog site.

Tonya said...

So glad to hear that things are going well with your job. I also have been very grateful for my kids lately. Trying to remember that they are adult spirits in little bodies, or not so little bodies for the Dillards. THanks for being my friend Becky. YOu are so great. Sometimes it's hard to have time for friends and we are so busy but I need them more everyday. Talking to you always brightens my day. I am grateful for healthy children and nose hair clippers. HA HA

Tonya said...

By the way I can't get your blog address to add to my blog list. It goes to your web site and then directly to rascal flats, music selection. Weird

Valerie said...

Congrats on the job, Becky! I loved reading about your blessings. It's so nice to be reflective in our lives and be reminded of what really matters. Hope your ant bites feel better soon, ouch!

Nau Willis said...

becky I was seriously laughing out loud with blessing number 4!!! hee hee!! thats me Im having such a hard time letting go of my buddies!
I was thinking about you when I saw the news! Im so happy you got it with more money!!!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Of course you got a job! I still think back to when you were Zac's teacher, and anyone who would turn you down would have to be CRAZY! You are awesome, and an example of sooo many things to me (like your positive attitude, sense of humor, you talent of being a great mom...and yes I think that's a talent, and your faith). Thanks!!!

And ya, my link to you goes to rascal flatts too. So weird. It all worked great until Tonya joined the blogging world. Must be her fault. ha ha.

Leslie said...

Sweet entry Becky! I loved it. You are so great. It's so nice to have uplifting friends who are positive like you are! Thanks for being a great example! Love ya!!! :)