CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 6, 2008

Five Unimportant Things About Me

This post will cover my tag sent from Kelli and Katie...sorry it took so long girls. Now I have to think of five things that will even be interesting to you all. I'm quite boring ya know :) Here we go.....

1. I can stuff 17 grapes in my mouth at one time. This may not come as a shock to those of you who have heard my big mouth blabbing for hours. I discovered this one day when I was a YW and we had nothing to do. Go ahead....give it a try and see how many you can do. I bet my mouth has grown since I was 17....I should try again.

2. I wish I lived somewhere more beautiful than Las Vegas. I love to hike, camp, and nature walk. Where I grew up, if we were bored on a weekend, we were within an hours drive of some of nature's beauty where we could hang out for a day or camp overnight. I miss the pine and aspen trees as well as the cool crisp air when autumn arrives. I love the four seasons more than anything. I have also wanted to take that leap of faith and just go for it somewhere new with that kind of weather, but it is very scary to do. Leaving friends, family, and security is hard....maybe someday I will make it :)

3. My dream job would to be a professor at BYU. When I attended BYU I loved it so much that I told my family over and over that I would love to return and teach teachers how to instruct children. Of course, that would mean more school for me. Now that Vegas has a hiring freeze...it may be just the opportunity I need. HMMMMM......something to think on.

4. I have a bad habit of answering questions for Wayland and all of my children. Someone will ask them something and I will answer before they even get a chance to. I don't know why I do that....it pops out unwilling :)

5. I'm actually quite shy with people I don't know. For example, if I see someone new at church, I have to tell myself in my head that I should go up and say hello and introduce myself. It doesn't come naturally to me. Nobody actually believes me because I overcompensate by being abnormally loud. Then I open my mouth and insert my foot saying something stupid. When I was younger, I didn't care what anyone thought. Every entry in my yearbook says..Becky, you're a spaz :) As you could probably guess, being a stake missionary was my hardest calling ever and unfortunately I did not fulfill that as well as I should have. :( Now I find myself sitting back a bit more than I should...."let your light so shine" :0)

There ya have it.......like I said....not much of nothin' .....lol.....I tag EVERYONE on my list! If I get a tag you are all getting it too (except for those who already have...you are off the hook this time :)

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Becky I love you! I hear ya about being shy at first, when I went to BYU, I had to tell myself to act like I was Val, who is always so outgoing and fun, then I got more comfortable.

Leslie said...

Fun to read Becky! I love it! You are so awesome and I am the same as you on many of those things! Except the BYU professor thing... but I could see you doing that someday, you would be awesome!

Laurie said...

I answer questions for my kids ALL the time; I think it bugs Dan.

There's nothing wrong with compensating by being loud. You are such a crack up.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

ya, but what would Las Vegas be without the Pili family? But, of course, we'd never complain if you moved this way! kelli

Valerie said...

You should go for it...teaching at BYU, that'd be awesome! I love BYU. Hey, you should also try fitting your fist in your mouth, since you can fit 17 grapes :) I love you Becky :)

Nau Willis said...

yipee updates!!! so the grapes thing is totally cracking me up!!!!