CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Two Weeks and Counting

So the past few nights I have stayed up for hours on end trying to formulate my plan for school this year. It has been eight years since I worked full-time and Jr. High has changed A LOT since then. I'm wondering if I will still have what it takes since I was in my 20's when I first taught...I was still cool then...lol. I am teaching math as well as science, which is something new. I don't know if I want the kids to have daily math in their journals. What do I want to put on my list of classroom supplies? How will I decorate my classroom since I'm teaching two different classes? Will I still be funny? (I used to joke a lot with my students :) I am starting to feel the panic increasing every day. Don't get me wrong, I adore teaching. I love the youth of this world. I love making a difference every day. I just want to make sure I can still do it with the most effectiveness possible. I have to take six classes in the next year to update my license...hoping for some good ones. I'm a bit sad to be leaving Celine at home (my mother is watching her for me) because she is my baby....I will miss her every day. I'm happy to be blessed with a secure job and ability to provide for my family. Quite honestly, I have no idea where I'm going with this post. I figured writing some stuff down would help me organize it in my mind, but I don't think it's helping... ha ha... I'm sure as I take my first steps into my classroom, Heavenly Father will allow my talents to flow back into my mind as I plan out for the year. It's quite exciting as I gear up for all of this stuff....two weeks from tomorrow I will be working. Is that crazy or what?

5 comments:

Valerie said...

You'll do great, Becky! You're so great with the youth, they're lucky to have you! It'll all come together, it always does :)

Nau Willis said...

you will be great becky! all my best to you on your new adventure!!

Brett and Heather said...

You will do awesome. Those kids are lucky to have such a good influence in their lives. GOOD LUCK!!!

Leslie said...

This summer has flown by! I cannot believe you only have 2 weeks til you go back! You are SUCH an AMAZING teacher Becky! You are right, Heavenly Father will help you and your talents with the youth will come shining through! They are so lucky to have you! You will do a great job! :) GOOD LUCK!

Kristin said...

You will do a wonderful job, I'd love to have you as my teacher. Good luck!