CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, April 18, 2008

Where Does the Time Go?

I can't believe Trajan has grown into a "youth" in what seems like just a few years. He is 13 now and as you can see from the picture is my height (5'10"). I was talking to a friend a few days ago and I was telling her how quickly time goes by. For those of you with small ones...enjoy every single minute because all of the sudden, they grow up. I guess the neat thing is that your relationship with your child grows too. But it's very strange. I'm not sure when I reached this stage of life. When did I turn 38? When did I turn into a mother that could give out "helping" advice to others? I remember when my mom was 37 and I thought she was ancient. I look at myself and inside feel like I'm 20...of course the sagging body must disagree....lol...It all just goes so fast. As for Trajan, I love watching him pass the sacrament or "hang out" with his friends at games. I like watching him make good decisions and being a good example. I do understand now what my friends with older kids used to tell me about prayer. I definitely pray even harder for my children as they get older and are faced with extra trials at school/ sports etc. But I'll tell ya what...I gotta say it....Trajan is a wonderful son. We were truly blessed to have him as our first because he is an amazing example to all of us.

5 comments:

Steve said...

Little Trajen has gotten BIG. Danny is almost as tall as Melanie, which means when he sees his Grandma Hansen this summer, he'll be looking down on her. It's fun watching them grow up, and remember being/feeling the same way they're feeling now.

When did we get OLD Becky?

Don and Kelley said...

Becky, I found your blog on someone elses blog. I totally can relate to how you feel. Zach turned 16 this week! I don't feel like I can have a 16 year old! Where does the time go?????
Kelley Brasier

Laurie said...

Trajan is SO tall! I knew he would be, it's just amazing that he already is.

Valerie said...

Wow, I can't believe that Trajen is already thirteen and your same height. He is a cute boy. Next up is driving and dating, ah do you look forward to that? :)

Kristin said...

I can't believe he is so big. It scares me to pieces thinking of my boys that big. Val has a book called, "Mommy, do I have to serve a mission?" and everytime I read it I bawl like a baby, who how sad that day will be.