CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

I Can't Believe It

It's hard to believe summer is over. I always feel a bit sad when I have to say goodbye to my children and send them back to school. I would love to keep them in my arms where I know they are sheltered from all of the bad things in the world. Even though I will be teaching a set of students myself tomorrow, my mind is on my children. I pray Heavenly Father will guard and protect them while they are away from home. I pray they will have the strength to combat the evil that is out there and the strength to stand for what is right. I will think of them every minute of my day and will countdown to the moment I can talk to them and found out every detail of their school day.

Trajan is the big man on campus this year heading into 8th grade. I cannot even fathom the idea that I will have a child in high school in one year. Kira begins junior high this year which is pretty stressful. She is very excited though and feels quite prepared.....Way and I are another story. Keenan is also the big guy at school since he's in fifth grade. Somehow he just doesn't seem old enough to be top of the school....I miss my chubby faced little boy when I see how grown he has become. Logan is entering first grade and is very nervous about eating lunch tomorrow. I hope he feels okay and everything goes smoothly for him. Celine is excited for her Grandma and cousin to be coming to babysit her. Hopefully she won't get too bored....I will have to schedule some play dates for her. I will miss her dearly and it will be a hard adjustment.

Life is amazing isn't it? It just keeps going..... In my mind, I still feel 25. Now I have children who are growing up so quickly and time is racing by me. It's late now, and I should be asleep because I work tomorrow, but here I am wide awake. I just can't stop thinking about their day and my prayers that they will be okay. Maybe it's because I have been at work all week and met many of the junior high aged kids at orientation and reality hit me what my own children face. Maybe I'm just over sentimental because I know that I am back working full-time and that's a bit stressful. Or maybe it's just me....missing my kids already. They are so awesome. I had to make a powerpoint presentation for my classes with all of my procedures....thought that would be a better way than just lecturing. Anyway, I typed in the info. and then asked Kira if she would spruce it up because she's really good at powerpoints and likes to do them. Two and half hours later....it was done and it was awesome!!! She put in so much time to add animation and details that I would NEVER have thought of. She didn't complain or whine, she just made it great for my class. I was so proud of her. I know I talk about my kids on every other post, but they are such great examples to me. I learn from them all the time and can only hope I teach them all they need to know.

Anyway, best better try to find a way to get to sleep....five am will come very quickly I'm sure. To all of you moms out there sending your kids off to school....good luck. I'm sure I can't be the only one feeling sentimental about it. We will all say our prayers and have faith that Heavenly Father is watching over our little ones. It is just so wonderful that we have the knowledge that we have our eternal Father guarding our children. No words can express my gratitude for that kind of guidance. We are all very blessed.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

You are such an inspiration to me. Truly, I look at how wonderful your children are and hope and pray mine turn out to be just like yours. I know they are so good because of your example, love and influence in their lives and hope mine will be just as good. Thanks for being so wonderful, I hope you all have a good first day, and can't wait to hear all about it.

Valerie said...

Good luck with your first day at school and good luck to your kids. I hope they have a great time. And don't worry, Becky, they'll be watched over because of your prayers, and they're good kids, so I'm sure they'll be fine.

Leslie said...

I hope your day went well Becky! I loved your post, it really hit the nail on the head of how I have been feeling all day today. I love that we can pray and ask for help, especially in times when we can't be there to help our own children, we know that Heavenly Father will...
You do have wonderful kids... my kids are so lucky to have them as friends!
Love ya! Good luck!

Laurie said...

I'm sure your kids are going to be fine because you have prepared them, and they are just good kids.

Here's hoping your day wasn't a mascara-streaking crazy-filled one.

Tonya said...

You are sad and I was glad to see my kids go. We had such a great summer but they were getting so bored. I guess I'm not to exciting. It is really hard to se seth go to high school but I feel such peace this year with my kids. WE are so blessed we have such great kids. Doesn't mean they are perfect but I consider my self very blessed. Thanks for being my friends and reminding me how important simple things in life are.

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

and that's why you are such an awesome mom and a wonderful example to me! kelli