CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Many Thanks

So I changed our picture finally. Figured it was time to get rid of the old time photo with the guns and booze. lol We are at the St. George Temple in this one....the grounds there are really pretty. But of course, all the temple grounds are lovely :) I have had a really great week and feel much gratitude to my Heavenly Father, so I thought I'd post some of my thoughts for my own memory's sake...skip reading if it's boring :)

I Am Thankful For

*My family....They are more special to me than I can even find words to write.
*My children's first week of school going very well
*My first week of teaching going well...I love it!
*Prayer...the peace it brought me all week was amazing!
*The Book of Mormon....I love how I can read one verse and it will come back to me during the day.
*My Mother....she's a wonderful Grandma to babysit Celine while I'm at work
*My husband's job and his two good ankles....it's been exactly one year since he tore his achilles.
*Rain....we had a touch of rain this afternoon so I ran outside with the kids to let them run around in it....that was fun!
*Pizza....yep, didn't have to cook tonight!
*Hair dye....love my blond highlights. If I just could've kept my toe head blond hair for more than my elementary years :(
*Money...all the bills are paid. That's a miracle.
*Tithing....somehow everything works out when we follow what is right
*Sisters....glad to have mine in town.
*In laws....glad to have them too!
*Dad/Grandpa....best fix it man in the world!! He's a sucker for his girls :)
*A Clean House....we deep cleaned today and it feels great!
*A good mattress....I have been so tired by the time 9 o'clock hits that I put the kids down, get in bed, and don't remember anything until the alarm rings at five.
*My home....I love that it is my family's spot...where we live, love, and laugh together
*Football...man I love that sport!
*Friends....I have seriously been blessed with some good ones.
*The birth of my best friends baby....both are healthy and strong. Yea!!! (might I add her son was 10 lbs. 10 oz.)
*Cell phones....I love being able to get a hold of my kids at anytime.
*Music...I like to listen to uplifting music on my way to work. It sets the tone for my day.
*Young Womens....I adore my calling and my girls.
*Youth of the World....I cannot tell you how much I like the diversity of my students. I love that they are all inherently good children who want the most out of their lives. Wish I could hand the gospel right into their laps and rescue some of them from their sad situations.
*My dogs....they always love me no matter what
*My cars....both are running and getting us where we need to go.
*My computer....how else would I be doing this?
*My blogging buddies...it's the best. I can only check in about once a week now, but I love keeping in touch this way.
*My health....I really ought to take it more seriously so I can be around for a long time.
*Sundays....they are a wonderful day of rest.
*My hubby....he's awesome.

I could keep going forever it seems, but won't put you all to sleep. I just have found that in the midst of anything, if I stop and count all of my blessings verses any of my trials or hard times, the blessing will always outweigh anything else. Another thing on my mind......

McCain or Obama? I seriously don't like either very much. I'm republican, but I feel very strongly that something has to change. I'm worried McCain will just keep going how we are. Although, I think I might like Palin as his pick for vice. Obama....hmm....for sure not my favorite. Why oh why didn't Romney work out? :) I want to do a "mini" vote in my math classes and then work the votes out into percentages. I just want to see how my students actually keep up in politics and what their results would be. This is a critical year for our country...very scary.

So that winds me back to my original thoughts...I will count my blessings and have faith that Heavenly Father will guide us. I love knowing I can do that :)

10 comments:

Our Story said...

IT IS ABOUT TIME THAT YOU CHANGED THIS GEEEEZZZ..YOU ALL ARE SO LOVELY! NOW WHY DO YOU HAVE TO GO POLITICAL ON US NOW? WHAT ARE YOU ANY WAYS REPUBLICAN? TALK TO YOU SOON! LOVE YOUR FAVORITE SIS.

Jamie and Mike said...

Nice to be reminded that we ALL have so much to be grateful for. Thanks!

Valerie said...

Becky, I love reading your post. It always makes me laugh, smile, and reflect on things. Thanks for sharing all the things your thankful for. Isn't life happy? Also, I'm so glad that you guys made most of the moment and went outside while it rained (that is a must in Vegas).

Leslie said...

I love your positive attitude Becky! It is so awesome. You are the best! Hope your second week goes as well as your first! (or even better!) YEA

Laurie said...

That's a good list. I'm thankful for a lot too. Especially a snooze from 2 until 8! (Pete was up until 4, but his Dad had him). Wow!

Hopefully your second week is just as good. And here's hoping we rest a lot next week too!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Unfortunately, I think that maybe the youth only know the political message they see in the media, and that would be that 'Obama is cool'. But that's why we have great teachers in our schools to let them know that there is more to life than what they see on tv!

Thanks for reminding me of so many of the things I love in life! When I really look at the big picture, I have no reason in the world to complain about anything!

Cute family picture. They just grow up so fast! Before we know it, we'll be the grandmas!

Scarlet said...

I really have never met anybody more positvie tan you! you are great! Tell logan that I'm sure that Jesse would consider himself your cousin!

Nau Willis said...

yay!!!! love the pic!!! gosh your family is so beautiful! Thanks to you guys for inviting us over AGAIN! That was so much fun!

The Gunnerson Family said...

I am so happy to hear that school is going great for both you and the kids. With fall coming (which means winter is also on it's way) I am actually missing Vegas a little. I love to read your blog, it is like a little sunshine during the day.

Cassondra said...

You're so awesome Becky! I seriously admire you! Can I please be you and all your sunshiny-ness when i grow up?
Cassondra:)